- Racial Justice Initiative’s Upcoming Faith and Racial Equity SessionsThe Racial Justice Initiative is working on lots of things for our parish, such as movie nights, discussion groups, and book talks. Another exciting project we have taken on is facilitating racial justice programs via Just Faith Ministries. Here’s a video with some reflections from the first of those programs, which was completed at St. […]
- World Youth Day 2023The World Youth Day will be held in Lisbon, Portugal from July 28th – August 7, 2023. The Diocese of Metuchen is planning to have a contingent of youth – 16 years and older to young adults – to attend this event. It will be wonderful if some of our Youth are able to attend […]
- Eucharistic Procession at St. Matthias!We had a Eucharistic Procession, led by Msgr. Seamus Brennan, accompanied by Altar Servers, members of the Knights of Columbus and some 100 parishioners, soon after the 5 pm Vigil Mass on Saturday June 18, 2022 as we celebrated the solemn feast of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi). Many commented […]
- Supreme Court Decision on Roe v. WadeStatements from Bishop Checchio and the New Jersey Catholic Conference regarding the Supreme Court Decision on Roe v. Wade are attached herewith. https://diometuchen.org/news/statement-of-bishop-james-f-checchio-on-the-united-states-supreme-court-ruling-on-dobbs-v-jackson The Bishops statement in PDF format. 6.24.22 Final NJ Bishops Statement on Dobbs
- Parish Office Summer HoursEffective June 20, 2022 the St. Matthias Parish Office summer hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30AM-4:00PM and Friday, 8:30AM-12:30 PM.
- Finance Council Update to the Parish – June 2022Our Parish Finance Council has been giving us periodic updates about our financial health. Please read the letter from the Finance Council to all parishioners on this matter below. Dear Parishioners, This letter is to continue our commitment to keeping you, our fellow parishioners, informed regarding the activities of our council and the financial health […]
- Golden Jubilee of Msgr. BrennanCongratulations to our Msgr. Seamus Brennan on the golden jubilee of his ordination! He was ordained as a priest on June 4, 1972. He has served the people of God in many different parishes of our diocese in various capacities. Pope St. John Paul II elevated him to the rank of Papal Chamberlain, with the […]
- St. Matthias Celebrates Its 60th AnniversaryThe Masses during the weekend of May 14th and May 15th celebrated the Feast of St. Matthias. Light receptions took place after the Masses. 60th Anniversary Prayer St. Matthias Cookbook – 60th Anniversary Edition In honor of St. Matthias’ 60th Anniversary, the cookbook that was created by the Altar Rosary Society 25-30 years ago […]