You are hereInformation / St. Matthias' On-line Bookstore
St. Matthias' On-line Bookstore
We've teamed up with Amazon so that you can order religious resources and other items through the internet. By ordering books through the Saint Matthias On-line Bookstore, you not only get a great discount, you will also be helping support Saint Matthias.
Details About Ordering Books through Saint Matthias' On-line Bookstore.
- Orders are processed and shipped by Amazon.com.
- Books are shipped directly to you, with a portion of your purchase price donated directly to Saint Matthias Parish.
- To be sure Saint Matthias receives credit, place orders directly from this site by clicking on the books or links of your choice.
- To help Saint Matthias on any of your Amazon.com purchases, use this link to order your books: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-home/saintmatthias-20
Offered at Our Bookstore:
The books listed below have been selected or recommended by Saint Matthias parishioners and leadership.
As seen/suggested at St. Matthias
1. God's Politics - Wallis,Jim
2. The Parish of the Next Millennium - Bausch, William J.
3. How to Understand the Church and Ministry in the United States Experience - Coll, Regina.
4. Principle-Centered Leadership - Covey, Stephen R.
5. The Collaborative Leader: Listening to the Wisdom of God's People - Sofield, Loughlan and Kuhn, Donald H
6. Stewardship: Choosing Service Over Self-Interest - Block, Peter.
7. National Conference of Catholic Bishops. Stewardship: A Disciple's Response
8. Parish Accountability and Reporting: Cornerstones of Stewardship - Swartz, Rita M.
9. Transforming the Parish: Models for the Future - Forster, Patricia M. and Sweetser, Thomas P
10. My Life with the Saints - James Martin, SJ
11. Breathing Space - Heidi B. Neumark
12. Leaving Church - Barbara Brown Taylor
13. Walking in a Relaxed Manner - Joyce Rupp
14. Wisdom of Our Fathers - Tim Russert
15. A Church In Search Of Itself-Benedict XVI And The Battle For The Future - Robert Blair Kaiser
Other Suggested Books
1. Principles for Spiritual Parenting: Nurturing Your Child's Soul by Mimi Doe
2. Virtual Faith: The Irreverent Spiritual Quest of Generation X by Tom Beaudoin
3. The Good Enough Catholic: A Guide for the Perplexed by Paul Wilkes
4. The Seven Secrets of Successful Catholics by Paul Wilkes
5. My Book of Bedtime Prayers by Paul Wilkes
6. Common Sense Parenting by Ray Burke, Ph.D. and Ron Herron
Catholic Best Sellers
1. Inner Voice of Love by Henri J.M. Nouwen
2. Bread for the Journey by Henri J.M. Nouwen
3. Being One by S. Harrison
4. Maurice and Therese by Patrick Ahern
5. Life of the Beloved by Henri J.M. Nouwen
6. Heart of Many Rooms by David Hartman
7. At Prayer with Mother Teresa by Eileen Egan
8. Living a Gentle Passionate Life by Robert Wicks
9. A Contemporary Celtic Prayer Book by William Fitzgerald
10. Celtic Blessings by Ray Simpson
11. The Catechism of the Catholic Church
12. Everyone's Way of the Cross by Clare Enzler
13. Together for Life with Nuptial Mass by Joseph M. Champlin
14. The Return of the Prodigal Son by Henri J.M. Nouwen
15. Your Sorrow is My Sorrow by Joyce Rupp
16. The Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ by George R. Szews
17. Through Death to Life by Joseph M.Champlin
18. Handbook for Today's Catholic by John O'Connor
19. The Cup of Our Life by Joyce Rupp
20. The Passover Celebration by Leon Klenicki
Children and Young People
1. Catholic Children's Bible by Mary, Sister Theola
2. Precious Moments My First Communion Book by Victor Hoagland
3. Children's Book of Saints by Louis Savary
4. Can You Find Jesus? by Gallery and Harlow
5. Precious Moments: My First Book of Prayers
6. Dreams Alive by Carl Koch
7. I Pray With Jesus by Daughters of St. Paul
8. My First Missal by Maria Luisa Benigni
9. My First Prayer Book
10. In Our Image by Nancy Sohn Swartz
1. The Catholic Study Bible:
Acclaimed throughout the Catholic community, The Catholic Study Bible is a unique, self-contained study system that brings Catholics face to face with the Bible's force and beauty while opening up its historical, literary, and theological dimensions. Its unique features include over 650 pages of study materials written by today's top Catholic scholars. These Reading Guides are linked to the Bible text with a unique, page number-keyed cross-reference system. Other features include: reference articles on key issues of Bible study, a glossary of biblical terms, the complete Sunday and weekday lectionaries, full color maps, and the most current revision of The New American Bible, including the new Psalms. Available in cloth and fine leather editions.
2. The Jerusalem Bible: Readers Edition - Hardcover
3. New American Bible (paperback) - least expensive version in a compact size with sturdy cover
4. New American Bible in a durable hardcover edition
5. Leather-bound New American Bible (black bonded leather cover) - for gift & personal use
6. First Communion Gift Version - New American Bible
7. New Testament of the New American Bible on Audio Cassettes
1. Excellent Catholic Parishes by Paul Wilkes, 2001
2. Catholicism of the Catholic Church by US Catholic Church
3. Essential Catholic Handbook, The: A Summary of Beliefs, Practices & Prayers (Redemptorist Pastoral Publication, by John O'Connor)
4. Why Do Catholics Do That? A Guide to the Teachings and Practices of the Catholic Church by Kevin Orlin Johnson
5. Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Catholicism by Bob O'Gorman and Mary Faulkner, March 2000
6. Secularity and the Gospel - Ronald Rolheiser
7. The Deacon Reader - James Keating
1. Giving the Love that Heals: A Guide for Parents by Harville Hendrix
2. Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples by Harville Hendrix
3. Common Sense Parenting by Ray Burke, Ph.D. and Ron Herron
Spiritual Enrichment & Reflection
1. Praying the Our Father by Brother John of TAIZE
2. The Way of the Lord: A New Testament Pilgrimage by Brother John of TAIZE
3. Circling The Sun: Meditations On Christ In Liturgy and Time by Robert Pelton
4. Why Suffer?: The Answer of Jesus by Mark G. Boyer
5. Tragic Psalms by Francis Patrick Sullivan
6. Sacraments of Life by Leonardo Boff, Translated by John Drury
7. Love Adds A Little Chocolate by Medard Laz
8. Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster
9. Spiritual Direction - Henri Nouwen